top of page
  • Writer's picturePaul J. Phipps, Esquire

Paternity - Modifying Child Support

Updated: Mar 24, 2020

Once a child support order is entered the Court requires a change in circumstances that will result in the child support payment amount changing by $50 or 15%, whichever is greater. Some common changes in circumstances that may meet this standard are a reduction in income of either parent, an increase in income of either parent, the emancipation or "aging out" of one or more children, or a substantial, unanticipated, permanent change in the number of "overnights."

To seek a modification of an existing child support Order either party may file a Supplemental Petition to Modify the existing Order. In some instances, a parent may be able to receive assistance from the Florida Department of Revenue with this process.

Call Phipps at (813) 600-3201 or Contact Us to schedule a free 15 minute telephone consultation to better understand your rights and to learn how legal representation may benefit you with your specific situation.

6 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page